The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a standardized exam that is used to evaluate the aptitude of candidates who wish to pursue a career in architecture in India. The exam is conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA), which is the regulatory body for the architecture profession in India.
The NATA exam consists of two parts: a written test and a drawing test. The written test consists of questions on general aptitude, mathematics, and general knowledge on architecture. The drawing test assesses the candidate’s drawing and observation skills, as well as their ability to express their ideas through drawings.
To be eligible to take the NATA exam, candidates must have completed 10+2 (or equivalent) with mathematics as a subject, or have passed a 3-year Diploma recognized by the Central/State Governments. The exam is typically held twice a year, in April and August.
Candidates who pass the NATA exam are eligible to apply for admission to undergraduate architecture programs at various institutions in India. The exam scores are also used by some institutions as a factor in their admissions process.
Here are a few additional points about the NATA exam:
- The NATA exam is conducted in a computer-based format at designated test centers across the country.
- The NATA exam consists of 60 questions in the written test, and the drawing test consists of two questions. The exam is conducted for a duration of 3 hours.
- The NATA exam is graded on a scale of 200 marks, with 100 marks each for the written test and the drawing test.
- The NATA exam score is valid for a period of two years from the date of the exam.
- Candidates who pass the NATA exam can apply for admission to undergraduate architecture programs at various institutions in India, including universities, colleges, and private institutes.
- The NATA exam is just one of the factors that is considered in the admissions process for architecture programs. Other factors may include the candidate’s academic performance in 10+2 (or equivalent) and/or a personal interview.
Architectural NATA entrance exam quizzes
We have created some quizzes for architectural students that will help them to improve their knowledge.
How much do you know about NATA entrance exam?
Trends and tactics are constantly changing
Test your knowledge